Insurance & Co-Pay
Find out how your British Columbia Medical Services Plan (MSP) and extended health insurance can help with eyecare & eyewear costs!
Medical Services Plan
If you are enrolled in the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (MSP), comprehensive eye exams are:
- Fully covered for patients 18 years old and younger
- Partially covered for patients 65 years old and older
Just bring your BC Services Card to the appointment!
For All Ages
For patients aged 19-64 years old, MSP may also partially cover your comprehensive eye exams for medical reasons such as:
- ocular disease, trauma or injury
- systemic diseases associated with significant ocular risk (e.g. diabetes)
- medications associated with significant ocular risk
Insurance Direct Billing
If you have extended health insurance benefits, we’re happy to bill directly on your behalf! Companies we can direct bill to include:
- Canada Life
- Great West Life
- Green Shield Canada
- Manulife Financial
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Sun Life Financial
- And others — just ask us!
Other Vision Benefit Providers:
• Canadian Construction Workers Union
• Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance
• Desjardins Insurance
• Empire Life (RBC)
• First Canadian
• GMS Carrier 49 & 50
• Industrial Alliance
• Johnson Inc.
• Johnston Group Inc.
• LiUNA Local 183 & 506
• Maximum Benefit
• TELUS AdjudiCare